Come alive for the 925!
This week we’ve been delighted to launch the brand-spanking new Nokia Lumia 925, a wonder of design and ingenuity, and so packed full of high-tech goodies and fun extras that we guarantee you’ll be head over heels in love with it before you can say smartphone! But don’t take our word for it. Check out these ten reasons we’ll think you have to get very excited.
1. It looks amazing! The basic polycarbonate body of the Nokia Lumia has been overhauled for the Nokia Lumia 925: the frame’s now metal, which means that not only is the Lumia 925 sleek, modern and robust, but the metal also works as an antenna, so you’ll be even more connected than before.
2. The new 4.5-inch 1280 x 768 pixel AMOLED display is super-bright – at 600 Nits, it’s the brightest OLED screen you’ll find anywhere – but, as in previous Lumia models, it’ll dim automatically to reflect the real-world conditions in which you’ll actually use your phone. With great sunlight performance, then, you’ll have no problem checking your messages on the beach! And the really wide viewing angles help, too.
3. The designers of the Nokia Lumia 925 have taken the Super Sensitive touch-screen tech that have made the Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 so user-friendly, and enhanced it. It works with your nails and with your gloves and is the most responsive that we’ve seen to date. The Gorilla Glass 2 screen is also pretty hardy and scratch resistant – though caution is always a wide watchword!
4. The new Lumia Colour Profiling app shine with the Nokia Lumia 925. This feature allows you to fiddle with the colour saturation and the white balance of the screen, which is great for customisation, but also lets you maximise the extra clarity and brightness.
5. The tech involved in the making of the AMOLED screen allows the phone to be even thinner than before, by removing a gap of air between the screen and the display. It clocks in at a neat 8.5mm – that’s 2.2mm slimmer than the Lumia 920.
6. The Pureview Lens for the Nokia Lumia 925’s camera is a new and improved version of what’s come before: new algorithms mean that the processing is noticeably better for fine detail and noise. Low light performance in particular is excellent, with the effective top-end ISO moving from 800 to 3200. Impressive.
7. The camera on the Nokia Lumia 925 now includes Smart Camera mode, which is an integrated and more advanced version of the tech used by the Smart Shoot app you can already download for other Lumia models. Smart Camera fires off ten rapid shots at a 5 megapixel resolution and lets you edit them afterwards in all kinds of nifty ways.
8. That’s not all! The Action Shot mode brings all ten pictures together in a combo-shot collage that looks like something from the Matrix without any painstaking sticking and chopping in complex editing programmes, and the Motion Focus mode blurs out everything except the subject of the picture. Change Faces and Remove Object let you pick and chose the best elements of all ten shots to make your ultimate composite perfect photograph. Great for family portraits!
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
9. Want more details? Well, the Best Shot option, for instance, automatically finds the sharpest shot to save, but you can also pick your favourite one manually. So when you’re trying to capture a wriggly kid, or the finish line of a race, you don’t have to worry so much that you’ll miss the perfect shot.
10. It’s not all about the camera, of course (though Nokia take imaging very seriously). If you need any more reasons to love the Lumia 925, just check out the great smartphone features. Powered by Windows Phone 8, the Nokia Lumia 925 lets you work on the go with MS Office, enjoy free tunes on Nokia Music and discover the city around you with HERE Maps, or snap on a wireless charging cover to charge up without plugging in.
That’s the ten reasons that have got us rubbing our hands together in anticipation, but what about yours? Are there any features we’ve left off the list you think warrant a mention? Let us know in the comments below.